Wednesday 24 April 2013

Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer

I was sent this primer a while ago, just before it was released, to test and at first I wasn't sure about it. It wasn't that I disliked it but I just couldn't see when I would use it as I always  moisturise before applying my make up and wouldn't put this on top of moisturiser as that would just feel too much for my skin. However, now I sometimes use this as an alternative to my moisturiser and have to admit that it provides a better base for applying my make up. I'm gradually finding that the more I use it, the more I want to use it so it's quickly becoming a part of my daily routine.




I really like the texture of this, it's light and absorbs into my skin quickly leaving a very soft and smooth base. It's very different from the silicone based primers, much nicer to use, so if you don't like those then definitely try this! The box says that it's for 'normal and combination skin' types which I fall into as I have pretty normal skin but my t-zone can become slightly oily and I go through stages of dryness too, this primer works well whatever my skin is doing so I'd guess that it's suitable for most skin types, although Nivea also do this in a 'dry and sensitive skin' version. 

The product is slightly fragranced with a nice, fresh scent, another reason why I sometimes reach for this over my moisturiser in the mornings as it feels so refreshing on my face. As mentioned this provides a good, smooth base for applying make up and helps to keep my make up looking good all day whilst keeping my skin feeling hydrated, bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment