Tuesday 10 September 2013

Laidbare Beauty

Hi everyone!

Today I have two products from Laidbare that I recently came across in TKMaxx. I hadn't previously heard of the brand but was attracted by the simple, colourful packaging and the bargain prices! After a quick look at the boxes it became apparent that Laidbare products contain a lot of natural ingredients and leave out the nasties, which is perfect for me as my skin is fairly sensitive. So here they are...



(Please excuse the coffee mug ring, my bad! *slaps wrist for not using a coaster!*)


From Dusk till Dawn is a serum containing vitamins A,B.C and E, all derived from natural oils and brilliant for the skin. This serum is actually more like an oil in texture and consistency which I personally really like as I find serums a little too silicone-y (not actually a word I'm sure!) and heavy sometimes. I'm currently using this as part of my evening skincare routine under my moisturiser as I ran out of my Eve of St. Agnes Hydrating Facial Silk. This feels lovely to apply, only one pump is needed to cover the whole face without leaving it feeling too greasy or shiny and it smells of lavender which is perfect before bedtime.

Secondly, I have Spot the Difference treatment cream. I recently suffered a hormonal breakout at that time of the month (*sigh*!) so reached for this to see how I got on. Well, it honestly was amazing! I noticed a visible difference in the redness and size of my blemishes after just one use which further improved with continued use. The breakout was completely gone within a couple of days of using this! I found the formula to be a really light cream, which was quickly absorbed and pleasantly fragranced with a fresh orange scent. It did leave my skin feeling a little tight but as I used it underneath my moisturiser this wasn't a problem and I believe that's what helped to dry out my spots so quickly.


I think I paid £5.99 for the serum (RRP £9.99) and £3.00 for the spot treatment cream (RRP £6.99) in TKMaxx but if you can't find them in your local store then there are a few online stockists, including Holland & Barrett although Naturismo seem to have the widest selection.

I would definitely recommend these products and will be trying out more from the brand in the future, especially if  see them in TKMaxx again!

No comments:

Post a Comment