Friday 17 May 2013

Face Mask Friday! #8

Hello and happy Friday! Firstly, I'm sorry I missed FMF last week, I went to collect my Granma's dog as I'm looking after her this week and she's been keeping me so busy that I just didn't get done in time. We've had a great week anyway, it's been so much fun having her to stay and I'm writing this whilst she takes a nap beside me snoring!



Onto this weeks mask, which is the Montagne Jeunesse Lemon Zest Peel-Off Detox and Pore Cleansing Masque. Designed for normal, oily and combination skin types the mask contains a medley of natural ingredients including crushed ginger, green tea, seaweed,  evening primrose, aloe vera and of course lemon, which all aim to deeply cleanse and revive skin, leaving a more radiant appearance.

As expected the mask was a clear, yellow colour and the formula quite runny but wasn't as sticky as other peel-offs I've tried. Applying the mask was easy, although slightly messy due to the consistency but not so much that I would be put off using it again, although I had to be more careful around my hairline and eyebrows as peel-off masks in hair are not fun! The mask felt cool and refreshing on my skin but one thing that surprised me was that it didn't smell of lemon! I was quite pleased by this as I'm not too keen on strong citrusy scents and whilst I can't describe what it did smell of (almost musky perhaps?) I did like it and it wasn't too strong. I wore the mask for the recommended 15-20 minutes, by which time it had dried evenly and was easy to peel-off.

After using the mask my skin was left feeling clean, soft and refreshed. My face was slightly oily before using the mask, but this oil was gently stripped away and didn't return the whole day, amazing! I also felt that my skin looked clearer and brighter after use and felt much smoother making makeup application easier and the results look better. You'll probably know by now that I'm a big fan of MJ masks, they've got a fantastic range, are affordable and really do the job. The Lemon Zest Peel-Off is no exception and I would definitely recommend and repurchase!

I'll leave you with a couple of pictures of Poppy that I've taken this week as she's a cutie!




No comments:

Post a Comment