Tuesday 30 April 2013

Garnier Moisture Match Protect & Glow Moisturiser



I probably would never have purchased this had I not ordered a sample online, but I'm so glad I did! I was using the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit moisturiser but I was looking to try out something new as I started using Neutrogena when I ran out of my Biore Shine Control moisturiser and realised that you can't get it anymore! I'd been using it for years (again, after receiving a sample) and loved it so was really disappointed to see them discontinue it when they re-branded their range. I like a moisturiser to be oil-free, light and refreshing to apply in the morning and wasn't expecting to like the Garnier Moisture Match after past experiences with their moisturisers. I received 3 samples and was originally interested in the Shine Be Gone (green) formula for combination/oily skin as I sometimes get an oily t-zone, however after trying the sachet I was put off by the alcohol content which doesn't smell great (similar to the Garnier Oil Free BB Cream) and tends to dry out my cheeks where my skin is less oily. What made me try the Protect & Glow sachet (for normal skin)  was taking my make up off after spending the weekend enjoying the sunshine to find my face quite red and sore. I hadn't realised that the sun was that strong as it wasn't very warm but it prompted me to look for a moisturiser with SPF which is when I remembered the Garnier samples sitting in my drawer! I whipped out the Protect & Glow sachet with SPF20 and gave it a go when my skin had calmed down.

The colour of the moisturiser seems to match the colour of each tube which I think is quite a cute idea! So this was a pastel yellow colour and a light, almost runny, lotion texture- a small amount goes a long way! The scent isn't amazing in my opinion but it's pleasant, not too strong and the overall application was nice and refreshing! I didn't have to wait long until the moisturiser had sunk in and my skin was ready for make up. This provides a pretty good base for make up application, not the best but definitely acceptable and it lasted pretty well all day.



Protect & Glow also contains 'light reflecting pearls' and I genuinely think this makes my skin look brighter, which is great! I do have a sample of the Wake Me Up (orange) formula still to try which is a gel formula for dull skin  and is described as an 'immediate splash of freshness' so I'm looking forward to trying that too and will let you know how I get on. I have already purchased the Protect & Glow as I think it's great value for money at £5.99 a tube,  especially as it contains SPF (it's a shame they don't all have SPF!) and does such a lovely job!

The samples are available to order free from here so I'd recommend you try some out and see what you think! Plus if you send Garnier your feedback before then end of May, you'll be entered into a competition to win a years magazine subscription, bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment