Sunday 17 March 2013

L'Oreal Elvive Triple Resist Hair Masque

I recently replaced my Goldwell Inner Effect conditioning treatment which I loved but wanted to see if I could achieve the same results with a cheaper product this time. I settled on the L'Oreal Elvive Triple Resist Masque as my weekly conditioning treatment. I regularly colour and heat style my hair so it is prone to dryness, split ends, breakage and falls out a lot! The tub promises 'intensive care' for 'fragile hair with a tendency to fall' with reinforcing serum and Arginine 'an essential amino acid and a vital constituent of the hair fibre' which all sounded great, just what I needed!


I have now been using this for about a month, just once a week. I put it on after washing my hair and leave it on for around 5-7 minutes, this is longer than the 2-3 minutes recommended on the tub and whilst I don't think I get any extra benefits from keeping it on for longer it's just my personal preference as it's easier to fit into my shower routine this way. The conditioner is a nice texture, very similar to the normal conditioner from this range, doesn't feel too heavy or sticky and washes out well. The scent is also the same as the normal conditioner, a fresh, fruity fragrance that's not too strong.


As far as I can tell this product does what it promises! Immediately after use my hair smells lovely, feels soft and silky, is tangle free and blow dries smoother (my hair is prone to frizziness!). This in itself would be enough reason for me to continue using this product, but to add to it's brilliance it also lives up to it's claims! I have noticed that my hair is falling out less (I'm not clogging up the hoover or pulling hair out of my hairbrush/plug hole quite so much!) and for the length of time since my last hair cut I have surprisingly few split ends! My hair feels soft and looks shinier and as my hair blow dries smoother it helps me to cut down on the straighteners and wear my natural waves more often! Overall I'm really pleased with this product and would definitely recommend and repurchase as it's such great value for what it does. I'm also keen to try out more products from the Triple Resist and other L'Oreal Elvive ranges. 

Read more reviews or buy it here for £5.20

No comments:

Post a Comment