Friday 22 March 2013

Face Mask Friday!

Happy Friday everyone! 

I thought I'd give this series a go as I've seen quite a few bloggers do it and I enjoy reading them. Not to mention the fact that I've also got about 15 face mask sachets sat in my drawer waiting to be used. Also, as I'm a bit of a workaholic (I'm just coming to the end of my 2nd year at uni, have 2 part time jobs, a volunteer job and assignments coming out of my ears!), this will be perfect for making sure that I take some time out to relax each week.  Life is never dull, but with so much to do I usually feel guilty if I'm not doing something.



So, onto the first face mask and this week I've tried the new two step Shine Control mask from Montagne Jeunesse. Step one is a deep cleansing mud masque with acai berries and argan oil to balance oily skin and nourish it with protecting antioxidants. Aesthetically,  the mask was a little disappointing if I'm honest, it's very superficial but the colour didn't match the pink shade on the packet and was instead a less than glamourous nude colour, making me look as though I'd had some kind of foundation disaster! The smell was also, well, odd! I was expecting a fruity, berry scent but was surprised to find what I can only describe as 'children's toothpaste scent' (I hope at least someone knows what I mean by that!). Whilst neither made this mask unpleasant to use, the experience could have been enhanced if they were better. This aside, the texture was very nice, a little drippy, but fine once applied. The mask felt cooling and refreshing to wear and hardened over time. The packet recommended wearing the mask for 15-20 minutes but I think I went slightly over that as the mask started to crumble and flake off which became quite messy! After rinsing my face off my skin was left feeling soft, clean and refreshed with not a hint of oil, perfect!

Now for step two, the balancing moisturiser. First of all, there was loads of this, easily enough for two applications so I squeezed the excess into a pot to use another time.  The smell was the same as the mask and I still cannot find a better way to describe it! This was quite thick (it was a similar texture to Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Moisturiser) but soaked in well and provided a good base for applying make up. My face stayed almost completely shine free all day and the effects were still noticeable the next day. 


Overall, this treatment really seemed to do its job and keep shine at bay without drying out my skin, particularly my checks where I don't suffer oiliness. I was very impressed with this new addition to the Montagne Jeunesse range and will definitely be using it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment