Sunday 10 March 2013

L'Oreal Double Extension Waterproof Mascara

I actually bought this mascara for the primer as I had run out of my previous one and couldn't find an affordable one to replace it with. However, I also needed a new waterproof mascara, I decided this product would do double duty and it didn't disappoint!





L'Oreal have developed a good reputation for mascaras and this is no exception, the primer lengthened my lashes whilst the mascara volumised.

This is the primer alone on my lashes...


The formula was a really nice consistency, thick enough to add some length and volume but not so thick that it causes clumping when you apply the mascara. The brush is very easy to use as it is a manageable size and combs through the lashes evenly so you achieve an even coat and can reach the corners.


The second step is the mascara, again the brush was very manageable, (although as you'll see from the photo I still managed to get some on my face when coating my bottom lashes!) and I was able to get to the lashes right on the outer corners of my eyes. The formula coated my lashes nicely, although I did find that I needed to ensure the tops of my lashes were covered too as the primer was visible at first.


This is the effect I achieved...



Finally, the ultimate test... how waterproof is waterproof? This mascara survived the swimming pool! I have tried other waterproof mascaras for swimming in the past and whilst they may not have run or smudged, they have crumbled and my lashes have lost their lift. Not with this one! My lashes looked as good as new even after swimming my lengths, getting splashed in the face a few times and the post-swim shower. The only downside was that I did pay for this when trying to remove it later on as it took a fair scrub with my make up remover, but it was totally worth it for a mascara that fulfills it's claims as well as this. I would definitely recommend this for a hardcore waterproof mascara that doesn't compromise on lift, length and volume!

No comments:

Post a Comment