Wednesday 10 April 2013

I ♥ Spring Tag!

First of all, thank you to Miss Budget Beauty for listing the questions! I've enjoyed watching and reading my favourite bloggers and YouTubers versions of this tag so decided to give it a go myself!


1. Favourite spring nail polish?
This has to be Jade Stone by Models Own, it's lovely pastel green and was the first nail polish I reached for at the first hint of spring! This shade of green is a favourite of mine and my bedroom is a similar colour so I am slightly biased but I find it both relaxing and uplifting at the same time. Rather appropriately (and by coincidence!) I have on my nails here Jade Stone with Snowflake on my ring finger nail, this picture was taken last Thursday while the sun was shining and before the snow hit us!



2. Must have spring lip colour?
I'm not very confident wearing lip colour so I usually stick with a safe option like the Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait. However, I have recently purchased something rather more daring for me, the Bourjois Rouge Edition lipstick in shade 17 Rose Millesime. This is a lovely raspberry pink which is still very wearable, although it doesn't go with every outfit like my Peach Parfait Lip Butter does, it's still pretty versatile and is nice to have a change sometimes.  I have also purchased the Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya, a new shade for spring/summer and love it! (as well as a couple of Rimmel Apocalips but I'll do a separate blog post on those!).

3. Show us your favourite spring dress!
Sadly, I don't really have a spring dress so I decided to show you this top instead which is probably the most springy item of clothing I have. Once again it's my favourite shade of green, but also has splashes of purple, pinks and yellows. The design is so pretty with flowers, butterflies and dragonflies, which is what makes it a lovely top to wear in spring. I bought this from Dorothy Perkins last year and have worn it loads, it's lovely soft cotton, really comfy and very flattering.




4. Favourite flower
For me, daffodils epitomise spring, my dad loves them and has always filled the house and garden with them during the spring months. However, I can't resist a daisy so I'll go with that! I love sitting out in the sun reading a book or making daisy chains. I love their simplicity and think they look so cute in the grass and love it when they have those little purple bits on! Here are some pictures I took a few years ago on a May bank holiday weekend...


5. Favourite spring scarf/accessory?
My favourite scarf is this pink one which was a total bargain from Forever 21. I bought it in the sale after Christmas and spent a couple of months waiting for the weather to warm up so that I could wear it. The colour is a gorgeous, light, salmon pink with silver sparkle running through it. It's so soft and lightweight and a good length so that it can be worn in different ways and the colour looks great with lots of things in my wardrobe. It also matches my Ted Baker handbag and purse perfectly, all I need is a pair of shoes this colour to finish off  *wink*! 



6. What spring trends are you most looking forward to?
I don't tend to follow trends but I am looking forward to ditching my Ugg boots in favour of something more feminine. I love my Uggs and wear them literally all winter but there comes a time when I just want my feet to have a little more freedom and look a bit prettier!

7. Favourite spring candle
I have been loving this Very Berry candle from Bomb Cosmetics. It's a lovely fruity fragrance without being too sweet and the scent lingers for hours after you stop burning the candle. I like tin/jar candles in general as I can put a lid on when they're not in use as I find that dust can gather in open candles and make them smoky when burning. I recently bought some gift sets from Bomb Cosmetics for friends birthday presents as I received some for my own birthday last year and was so impressed and whilst I was there I couldn't resist trying one of their delicious candles. This was my first candle from Bomb Cosmetics and I'm looking forward to trying more, the only problem is deciding which one!



8. Favourite perfume/body spray
10. What is your favourite thing about spring?
My favourite is the same all year round and that is Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy! I first bought this in 2009 on a trip to New York and haven't been without it since.


9. What is spring like where you live?
Well, right now it's still pretty wintery but spring is one of the best seasons in England, I think. We've put the clocks forward so we now have longer daylight hours, it's not getting dark until about 8pm which is so refreshing after months of darkness from about 4pm! It's lovely when the trees start blossoming and everything just looks more colourful in spring. I also love seeing lambs in the fields jumping around, they're so cute! My boyfriend and I went to feed some lambs a couple of years ago and I think we'll go back this year as it's great fun! Everyone sits in the barn on a hay bale and gets handed a bottle and then they open the gates and let the lambs loose! You just hold out your bottle and a lamb will come running up to get it.



The weather getting warmer is definitely a plus, although we're not quite there yet! Spring always makes me feel more energetic and motivated about doing things, I think if the year started in April rather than January then more new years resolutions would be kept! I also love the first time you can go out without wearing a coat and as I mentioned, the time when I can put my Uggs away until winter!

11. Are you a spring cleaner?
Haha! Um, no... I'm ashamed to say that I'm a bit of a hoarder and no matter how hard I try I can never seem to have a good clear out.

12. Any plans for spring break or upcoming vacations?
Not really, although I'm finished with lectures at uni and don't have any exams this year (yes!) I still have assignments due for a few weeks so am not really finished just yet. I am, however, going to dog sit for my Granma's dog Poppy for a few days in May while my Granma is on holiday, so that will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment