Friday 26 April 2013

Face Mask Friday! #6

Happy Friday guys! I've been planning the series and have enough face masks to get to week 10, then I think we will take a break as I have a few pots of masks to use up before I buy anymore.

This week we have the Montagne Jeunesse Red Hot Earth Anti-Stress Sauna Masque for normal, oily and t-zone skin. This has been a favourite of mine for quite a few years and was one of the first face masks I ever tried. With self-heating therapy clay this mask claims to open and cleanse pores whilst the aromatherapy oils help you to relax and de-stress. 

This mask is messy to apply as it's quite runny and sticky so be warned! It comes out a lovely pink, strawberry milkshake kinda colour (not the deep pink/red depicted on the sachet!) and smells nice and fruity. You start to feel the mask heating up as soon as it makes contact with the skin so I always try to get it on as quickly as possible so that I get the full effect. I personally love the self-heating masks as they're perfect for a cosy evening in and as I've mentioned before, they always remind me of the sun beating down on my face. 



Whilst wearing this mask, it's best to lie down and relax as it can get a little drippy if you're up and about and tie your hair well back or else it will drive you mad getting stuck in your face (I learnt the hard way, haha!). It's better to lie down an enjoy this mask anyway as I think it feels very pampering and luxurious to wear- another reason why I love it so much! The sachet says to leave the mask on for 5 minutes but I got away with 10 before it started dripping off my face as this mask is one that doesn't dry. It's very quick and easy to wash off compared with other masks, I used a Botanics facial sponge but a cloth or flannel will work just as well. 

As always with MJ masks, my skin was left feeling super clean and soft and looked much brighter and clearer, even the next morning. Due to the anti-stress nature of this mask I also felt very relaxed and consequently I fell asleep quicker and slept well, a welcome benefit that you don't often find with a face mask! The MJ Sauna Masque remains a firm favourite of mine which I will continue to purchase again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment