Monday 13 May 2013

Make-Up Storage

I recently had a storage over haul and thought I would share it with you! Previously I used a big drawer with a divider (you can't even see it in the picture as it's buried!) to separate eye products from lip products from face products etc. but things started to get full and jumbled up and I found myself avoiding the drawer and everything in it!

Obviously it's a bit of a waste to have a drawer full of make-up that never gets used and I found myself buying duplicate items because I couldn't see (or remember!) what I already had, so I decided something needed to be done. I'd been looking for ideas when I stumbled upon this drawer set in WHSmith which was £14.99 and on a BOGOF offer, so I purchased it along with a set of 3 storage boxes (for office stuff) and a pen holder (for make-up brushes).

It took me a while to decide which drawers were best for which products and how to organise everything but I'm pleased with how it turned out. I was also pleasantly surprised by how much the drawers hold as I thought I would have things left over that wouldn't fit but, apart from things that I keep in my everyday make-up bag, everything is in the drawers. I did throw a few items away whilst I was organising the drawers but that was also an overdue task! Since swapping to my new set I have been using more of my make-up as it is easily accessible and I can see and remember what I have more easily, it's great! This will also (hopefully!) save me money as I won't be tempted to buy things the same or similar to what I already have.

So, let's have a look at each drawer and what I've used it for. First up are the three smallest drawers on the top row which I have used for (L-R) eyeliners, mascaras and lip glosses.



In the next row we have two wider draws, one I have used for face products and the other for lipsticks (front) and lip balms (back).


Finally, there is one large drawer on the bottom row which I have used for eye shadows, with palettes at the back and singles at the front. I have since put neutral shades on one side and colours on the other side grouped by formula (cream, loose, pressed etc.) for ease of use too.


So there we have it, my new and improved make-up storage! I am planning to do a nail polish collection/storage post too as again I've recently upgraded to something more practical and I'll probably do a 'what's in my make-up bag' post for my everyday favourites.

No comments:

Post a Comment