Monday 23 September 2013

Kiko Haul


Hey there, today I have a haul from Kiko Cosmetics to share with you. This is the first time I have purchased from them but having seen good reviews of a number of their products online I thought I would bite the bullet and place an order. One thing to keep in mind when ordering on the Kiko website is that the minimum order value is £25, slightly annoying especially considering they have so few stores in the UK but on the plus side if you register on the website you receive free delivery for 15 days. 

First of all we have the Invisible Lip Liner (£5.90) which I thought was a great idea for me as I never usually bother with lip liner as I only have a couple that don't match half of my lipsticks! This 'one shade suits all' approach is much more practical and I may be more inclined to wear some of my brighter shades as I won't be as worried about colour bleeding, smudging etc.


I also purchased three of the eyeshadows (£1.90 each) which were in the sale as Kiko are changing their eyeshadow packaging so that they can be put into palettes that you build yourself, similar to MAC. Kiko have a lovely colour selection, very broad and varied so I'm sure there will be something to suit everyone. I thought these were great value and bought three pearly, neutral shades 139 Pearly Salmon, 141 Pearly Light Pink and 132 Pearly Bronze. The pigmentation is not the best but is still good and I was really pleased with the colours I chose. The packaging does feel a little cheap but for the price and considering the eyeshadows are good, I really don't mind that. and I can see myself getting a lot of use out of these. 

 L-R: 132 Pearly Bronze, 139 Pearly Salmon and 141 Pearly Light Pink

Next up are the three Nail Laquers (£3.90 each) in shades 339 Cornflower, 361 Raspberry Pink and 389 Mint Milk. I haven't yet tried these out so can't comment on what they're like but I'm sure you'll see them in a monthly nails post soon!


Finally, I bought the 201 Eye Brush (£4.90 currently 50% off) which is an angled eyeshadow brush made of natural bristles. This is very soft and quite thick, with a lovely pencil thick handle with soft grip and a plastic dust cover to keep it clean which can be put on from the bottom so that no bristles are caught and bent. This is lovely for applying a quick wash of colour over your lids or for detailing the outer corners and crease as the shape works well.

After a quick play with the Pearly Salmon and Pearly Bronze eyeshadows applied with the 201 brush this was the end result, a relaxed, neutral daytime look. Primer underneath the eyeshadow increased their intensity and helped them to wear longer too, overall I was impressed with them for the price and would still buy them full price.


Have you tried anything from Kiko yet? What would you recommend?

Thanks for reading!
Lilybet

No comments:

Post a Comment